Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Last day of Fieldwork

Yesterday was my last day of fieldwork at Heritage Middle School. I taught the second half of my Ink Blot Creations lesson to the seventh graders. While the students were drawing in the images they saw in their ink blots, they were excitedly talking to their friends about what they were drawing and how they were going to do it. After 35 minutes of work time, we were able to recap and discuss as a class on what everyone saw and what they liked or didn't like about the project.
From this experience I definatly see growth in myself. After every lesson, Mrs. DeLaigle would give me feedback on what to improve on and what were my stronger points. From my very first lesson she had concerns about projecting my voice, gaining control of the class, and having that confident teacher presence. Although my voice was not quite as loud as Mrs. DeLaigle's, I was told I was improving each day. 
I think this placement was the best, most inspiring and beneficial. Mrs. DeLaigle gave me incredible feedback, showed me how their school district works, told me what is important to look into and how to connect with the students. She also taught me the most effective ways in structuring her classroom, orginization skills, and time management.
I'm excited to keep in touch with Mrs. DeLaigle and visit her classes in the future. I'm going to miss Mrs. DeLaigle and her students at Heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment